Old 08-05-2013, 02:59 PM
IzzysGrammie

Originally Posted by EmiliasNana View Post
The pictures section is my favorite and not to be missed. I draw all kinds of inspiration from all of you. It is the best quilt show without an entrance fee. I have tried to cut back on fabric purchases also, but use your ideas for putting my own twist on a pattern, with what I have on hand. I still buy fabric, but have so many projects standing in line, I try to buy only to finish a project (borders, one color to pop, etc.)
I agree with your remark...I look at every single photo. I may not comment on each one, but it's the last thing I do at night before bedtime....check out photos of what everyone has done that day. It inspires me yes, but since I can't run out and buy fabric all the time, I only buy what I need to finish a project. Say I get an income tax refund, then I use what coupons I can and maybe spend about $200-300 at one of the fabric stores every year, but other than that, I do pretty well to not get nuts. Two years ago with the help of some great Hancock coupons, I was able to buy almost $600 worth of fabric for under $300. I'm still sewing on that fabric. But I love this website and I love checking out EVERYTHING you folks make. It just makes me want to build prettier and better projects.