Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I had to quit looking at the Pictures Section >

I had to quit looking at the Pictures Section

I had to quit looking at the Pictures Section

Old 08-05-2013, 01:01 PM

I get up have my coffee in my hand and start on pictures. I love them. I love the creative people who make them. I'm so computer illiterate, when someone says click on something, I don't know what they are talking about.LOL But I know how to get the board and all of the beautiful pictures. One day I will learn how to put my pics on here.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by EmiliasNana View Post
The pictures section is my favorite and not to be missed. I draw all kinds of inspiration from all of you. It is the best quilt show without an entrance fee. I have tried to cut back on fabric purchases also, but use your ideas for putting my own twist on a pattern, with what I have on hand. I still buy fabric, but have so many projects standing in line, I try to buy only to finish a project (borders, one color to pop, etc.)
I agree with your remark...I look at every single photo. I may not comment on each one, but it's the last thing I do at night before bedtime....check out photos of what everyone has done that day. It inspires me yes, but since I can't run out and buy fabric all the time, I only buy what I need to finish a project. Say I get an income tax refund, then I use what coupons I can and maybe spend about $200-300 at one of the fabric stores every year, but other than that, I do pretty well to not get nuts. Two years ago with the help of some great Hancock coupons, I was able to buy almost $600 worth of fabric for under $300. I'm still sewing on that fabric. But I love this website and I love checking out EVERYTHING you folks make. It just makes me want to build prettier and better projects.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
So, I must be the only one who, when looking at pictures, can't resist the fabrics and have to purchase them. I wish I weren't that way. I have way too much fabric as it is, but it doesn't stop me. I haven't been to pictures in a month. I miss it terribly and I don't know if I'll last more than a day longer. But, I really can't afford to spend any more money on fabric, so maybe I can look at pictures. In fact, I think I'll glance at them right now. I didn't realize how many people looked at pictures. It sounds like 90% of us all look at pictures.
Jcrow, don't be scared, we are all here rooting for you! You can do this!! Then when you feel that urge, run to your sash and fondle the fabric... just keep repeating to yourself, I can fondle my fabric, I can fondle my fabric.... Then let us all know where they lock you up so we can all come visit you... Becky
Old 08-06-2013, 01:23 AM

I love pictures. My problem is everyone makes such wonderful quilts and I always feel mine ar hopeless. I also buy people's recommendations about books or patterns or even notions from any location. .
Old 08-07-2013, 09:34 PM

DOTTYMO, I just looked at your album and you have some wonderful quilts on there...no reason to doubt yourself at all! A pat on the back from me to you

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
I love pictures. My problem is everyone makes such wonderful quilts and I always feel mine ar hopeless. I also buy people's recommendations about books or patterns or even notions from any location. .