View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 06:03 AM
Tartan
Power Poster

Gorgeous quilt top!! I can see why you want to do a meander. Meander to me is a non quilt pattern. It quilts the quilt but doesn't distract from the pattern. I really can't think of a design that would work on your woven design without impacting the design except SITD and I wouldn't want to attempt that.

How are you at a large meander? I tend to have trouble keeping my spacing consistent over a whole quilt. There are meander patterns that are in a block format that you can work across the quilt. Is this what you were thinking of using? If so I don't think a pounce would be very visible over the variety of fabrics in your top. I might find a meander block that would work and make a paper master block pattern. I would then use some method to stitch the design through a pattern. I would either make tissue paper tear aways or use Golden Thread paper.

Do you intend to wash your quilt when you finish quilting? I have been thinking of using the idea I saw this month on marking with ordinary white chalkboard chalk. You use a makeup pencil to sharpen it to a nice point and mark your design on the quilt top. It said to erase it with a micro fiber cloth but I tried a sample and I could still see the line. I am going to try this method on my next quilt but wash it afterwards to remove the remaining chalk lines. Sorry this is so long but I wouldn't want to mess that beautiful top up either!