View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 06:31 PM
Quiltgranny

Originally Posted by gramadona
The table top is about 34 years old and was a long desk in my dad's office. I actually had to cut a long section off to fit it into this space (9 1/2 feet). It's a good quality laminate and I have it at 30" high. It's great for sewing.. not so good for cutting.. at that height. And it's 36" deep.
He probably got it or had it made at a store like Home Depot or Lowe's as it looks like an over sized counter top without the back splash.. just a lip at the front.
I measured 29" from the floor and screwed 2x4s on all 3 walls making sure to hit the studs. The file cabinet in the middle gives it extra support and holds patterns, receipts etc.
My old sewing area was a closet without the doors and a table made the same way, but with a solid slab door( no hole for doorknob) :roll: :-)
Good luck with your office project. I wish I could come and help.[/quote]

Thanks Dona,

I appreciate you answering my questions so quickly. I wish I could use a table that height, but it is too uncomfortable for me, too tall. I've yet to find any suitable type of furniture to put under a 26-28" table. Have a great time sewing on yours!

Happy Thanksgiving!