View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 07:56 AM
Snooze2978

DonnaR, what I've been doing lately is using up the quilting thread of the bobbins from my quilt machine if there isn't much left on them. That way I get my bobbins back and I don't waste the little bit of thread left on them. I also use the leftover thread on my quilt machine when I'm starting a new quilt for basting the backing and batting together. Its usually a different color so I can see the line better to line up my top. The threads that my quilt machine doesn't seem to like all that much as I got them with the machine when I purchased it, I use them for piecing so again I'm not wasting. I try to keep close to a light color if piecing a lot of lighter colored fabrics and darker colors for the darker fabrics. Also will use leftover threads for when I go to hand sew the binding onto the back. If one of my bobbins was wound incorrectly or my quilt machine just isn't having a good day with it, I'll use the thread to wind onto my DSM bobbins to piece with. I try to not waste anything these days as our hobbies are expensive as it is but oh so much fun............