Old 08-14-2013, 04:48 AM
Cecilia S.

Maggie, congrats!

Who needs a case anyhow - they are over-rated lunchboxes which all smell like old attics. ;-) (I am just kidding- nobody be offended, please!) Mine has a case, though, and honestly, I never use it. (the case)

I am so pleased for you! Just give her a nice clean up, sew on her a bit. You know, all short-shank feet will fit the little FW, so you don't need to buy anything special.

Also, I'd wait and see how it is going to be used before spending $ on accessories. You may well find, as I do, that you end up using her for quick basting jobs, etc, and that you might not really need much more than that simple presser foot after all. Or you may! We're all different. Just don't feel as though you have to run out and buy FW-branded Stuff, because really, you don't.

Congrats again on your acquisition! It is -shocking- to me that someone would throw something like that away. :-( But on a happy note, I am really glad that you have rescued it!!! Yay!

BTW, apparently, Graham F's site has some helpful bits on cleaning up the old Stitchers. And, of course, all the advice you could ever hope for is lurking on QB as well. Happy tinkering!