View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 10:03 AM
Cecilia S.

Default Elmer's Glue?!? Binding? Do tell!!!

Originally Posted by farmquilter View Post
Cecilia S., the set of 5 needle syringes at Lee Valley would be perfect for applying Elmers glue to keep our binding in place for stitching. Thanks for letting us know, wonder if Harbor Freight has such things.
Elmer's glue, really?

Okay, so here's the thing. I am a totaly novice at all of this; tinkering, sewing. I've successfully, thusfar, sewn mittens and rectangles. Period. So forgive me if I am asking for clarification on something which to you may be obvious...

You use Elmer's glue to hold stuff in place? Hmmmm. Do you let it fully dry first? Do you sew through it?

The only experience I have sewing through anything gluey is when I got creative and sewed through an envelope which had a sticker on it. Gummed the daylights out of the needle.

So, I would love to know more about how you do this successfully. I will -very soon- be starting to learn more about sewing, and so anything you can tell me about this glue things would be helpful.

As for the syringes, Lee Valley also has a US site, and also, I think it was Joe who posted a US site with syringes, in this thread, just before I posted my link; those syringes were very similar.

-C