View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 01:51 AM
nancylee

Hi,
I have a small shop in a tourist area, and I hate to say, but quilts didn't sell that much. My mentor is a beautiful artist with her quilts, and she is only asking $225 or so, and they have sat around, even when I switch them out, so they always look new. If you are charging what they are really worth, then they really won't sell. Now, it may just be my area, this is not a wealthy tourist area, like the coasts might be. I think if my shop were in the Hamptons or the Jersey shore, they would sell much better.

Also, I always look on etsy for pricing, and there is a woman there who sells a quilt a day. Her shop name is quilt lover, and her quilts are easy to make, very quick. She gets a couple of hundred dollars for a full quilt. Not worth it, in my view.

I hope that I am being a naysayer, and that your quilts do very well. They are beautiful!! If it doesn't work out, or even as a marketing strategy, you may want to consider donating a quilt once in a while - your will do good for a cause, it is a tax write off, your unused quilts will get a good home, and it is a great way to get your name, and the shop's name, out in the public.
Best,
Nancy