View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 04:35 AM
mcook03

Default My lesson for today.....

I have been piecing and quilting for a couple of years now. I’m on my way to getting “pretty good” at FMQ on my Husqvarana Rose machine…and then it happened a couple of weeks ago…..I played on a sit down TinLizzie 18 at our local quilt shop. I wished someone would have warned me “STOP!”, but no, no warning…I just sat downand …well… I created. <sigh>
</sigh>

Fast forward to the past few days—I have fought my once beloved Rose while FMQ a quilt for the DH. I have wrestled with the bulk- ripped out stitches- held my breath---allthe while trying to figure out “what is my problem?” This morning, whilesitting on the back porch sipping coffee, while re-playing the frustration overand over again, trying to figure out why was this quilt so hard… it came tome!!! You see, I am like a farmer whouses a horse and plow to overturn his field. Mr. Farmer knows that there’s an easier way, but not being able to afford the “latest and greatest” he is content to use what he has. One day, he visits his neighbors, AND, the neighbor anxious to show off his pride and joy offers Mr. Farmer to takes a ride on his gas powered tractor! It’s at that moment;he realizes a whole new world lies beneath him. He gets excited as he feels the power of the machine, sees the progressand envisions all he could do if had a machine like this.
But alas his joy ride is over. He goes home and once again, hooks up the horse to the plow and trudges through the fields. He finally settles it in his mind that “oneday” he’ll get that tractor. I too hope for that “one day” for my quilting machine~~but until then, I am relearning the lesson of being content with what God has given me at this moment…..<sigh> Have a fantastic day!!!!
</sigh>

Last edited by mcook03; 08-21-2013 at 04:38 AM.