View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 06:42 AM
oldtnquiltinglady

Well, I've been sitting here coming awake at the morning session of this wonderful forum....and if all else fails, I have a quilting foot that came with my new Janome a couple of months ago--$50 item that I will never use because I am the proud and happy owner of a Gammill.....PM me and you can have it--and when you find your own, you can pay it forward to someone else who will lose hers....we can call it the traveling quilting foot.

This has happened to me just recently, in my canning season. I use SureJell for making my jelly and jam; and SureJell has STOPPED putting their instructions in the box.....when I made my first batch of jelly a few weeks ago and used my last box of SureJell (and of course pitched the instructions when I finished that batch) and told the DH t bring me some more SureJell when he went to the store. Now picture this if you will, I got all my stuff out to finish making my jelly from the day before, and checked the box for the instructions. NO INSTRUCTIONS, instead "go to www SureJell.com for such and such.......Now, I say ARGHHHHHHHH.....and run to the garbage can to dig out yesterday's piece of paper with SureJell instructions. Luckily, they hadn't been pitched overnight; DH is pretty diligent to take care of the garbage every evening.

One day last week, one of my sons brought me in a bucket of crab apples; I went looking for my instructions for making crab apple jelly. Not to be found.......I am still looking for them. I gave the cooked-down juice to my sister, and she can go to the www.SureJell site.

So, good luck in your search for your quilting foot. And please let us know if you find it. And if not, if mine will work for you, get in touch with me.