Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Gremlins in my sewing room???

Blog Entries

Gremlins in my sewing room???

A while back I moved my sewing area into its own new studio. Last night, I was ready to quilt a baby quilt, and went to the Viking even feed foot box, and the even feed foot was not there!! I am "anal" about putting things back (most of the time), but moving everything and setting up everything, some things have "disappeared". Where in the world is that walking foot?? I checked every drawer, every cabinet, every little place, but no foot!!! This foot is very expensive $50++, it is the low shank, any suggestions where this guy could be hiding? I am not going to buy another one, extra quilting funds are tight right now. I hope it did not fall into the garbage can that I keep under the sewing machine. The last time I used it was right before we moved the room.

My sister suggests that this is a subliminal message from my 875Q, i bought a Pfaff quilt expressions 4.0, and will be selling the 875Q (maybe).
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.

DJ
    Did you look on the sewing machine?

Hope you find it! When I misplace something, I always ask DH to help me find it. He's great at that!

Blog Entries
    I suggest you start a new quilt using another foot wait and it hold turn up when you are not worrying. I tend to suddenly have a flash back showing me what I did when I moved something. At present not working as I have lost my concession bus pass . Had to pay 10 for a new one and wit 10 days . Hoping a remember soon.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    Did you look on the sewing machine?

Hope you find it! When I misplace something, I always ask DH to help me find it. He's great at that!
    I was thinking this as well, sometimes we overlook the most obvious place
    Brother (XL-3500i, CV3550, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D), Juki MO-2000QVP, Handiquilter Avante

It's so frustrating when this happens. Things usually do turn up but how unfortunate it would be if it had found its way into the garbage bucket. I hope you do manage to find it.

When I take off a foot I very carefully put it into the plastic case that came with the machine. Most of the time. Right now my 1/4" foot is just sitting in a bowl by the machine because I was using the walking foot and "forgot" (that means I was "too busy") to put it away. Thanks for reminding me. I'm sure your foot will show up, but it's frustrating to be without it.

Blog Entries
    I recently had that same kind of issue where things vanished
    during my reorganization. Only it wasn't sewing machine feet
    it was ALL 4 of my memory cards used for my embroidery designs.

I did eventually find all 4 cards, but it was long after I gave up
    trying to figure out where they could be.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

I can relate to your frustration! For several weeks now I have been trying to find my scallop ruler. I know where I had it when I was reading the instructions on how to use it, but haven't seen it since.
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

If it is not on the machine is it in the pin box or the tray or holder you kept next to the machine. Is it with the Pfaff feet? Good luck. I would keep both machines. I have 2 Viking machines set up the 875 I quilt on and the 830 I piece on. Just a thought! Luann
    Live Love and Laugh Enough!

I understand your frustration. Last spring I started a quilt, then because we were expecting out of town guests (sewing room is also the guest room) I packed away the quilt and pattern. Haven't been able to find them since. it will probably turn up some day when I am looking for something else.

I know it will turn up later. I've got a gazillion seam rippers hiding and several thread snippers. When I find something, I say, "Oh yeah, I remember putting it there."
    One step at a time, always forward.

Of all the things I have lost in my life, I miss my mind the most! I am forever losing things. Bought a really expensive pair of scissors at a quilt show. They sat in my living room still in the package for months. Then they just disappeared! My DH swears he doesn't remember seeing them. I am pretty good about the feet for my machine because I am fortunate enough to have a sewing cabinet and I keep my feet in the little drawer. Walking foot always goes back in the box after using then back in the drawer. I don't even have to get up to do it. So in that respect I am ok (I am sure I have now jinxed myself!)

I sure hope your foot turns up.

Well, I just there's a big black hole somewhere that eats sewing machine accessories as well as socks.

Yep, last week i was looking the instructions and fabrics in a kit for a civil war quilt. Now that i'm ready to start cutting, i can't find it!

I made several pinwheel blocks from scrap pieces and was going to add to them so put them and the extra scraps in the same container. It must have grown legs and walked out of here because I haven't been able to find it since.

Yes, there are indeed Gremlins in your sewing room. And I'm convinced they have the ability to teleport or apparate from there to my sewing room. And then after they wreak their mischief here, they're off to someone else's. If only I had a dollar for every time I've hunted high and low for something that's been in my way for weeks until now that I need it!
    www.makeminepatchwork.etsy.com
    "Piecin' a quilt's like livin' a life...The Lord sends us the pieces, but we can cut 'em out and put 'em together pretty much to suit ourselves, and there's a heap more in the cuttin' and the sewin' than there is in the caliker...I've had a heap of comfort all my life making quilts, and now in my old age I wouldn't take a fortune for them." (Eliza Calvert Hall, Aunt Jane of Kentucky)

You probably layed something on top of it. Happens to me all the time!!

I always lose things when I reorganize. I hope you find it soon.

Dina

This may sound weird but, I had several things disappear after I moved into a different house. One of my friends suggested I bribe them with "cakes and ale." So I had a mini set of dishes and I put some brownie crumbs on one of the plates and put tea in the cups. Things stopped disappearing and started reappearing.

Blog Entries
    Take a piece of paper about the size of the missing object, wad it up so that it fits into your hand. Then find a place to put "it" away. Some times this works. You are the same person as you were when you laid it down last time. You will put it in the same place.

Marcia

Did you look in the freezer??

Oh but let me explain - LOL ......

I have one of those Tracfones and I "lost" it about two month ago - ripped the house apart - could not find it. So ...... bought a new one after two weeks. The night before the new one showed up, I went to the freezer and saw a plastic grocery sack with some frozen vegies in it - grabbed it to move it but there was something hard in it .... YUP - there was the cell phone.

Getting back to the foot - you will find it in the most unexpected place. Hopefully before you buy a new one or sell the machine!!
    Betty

A quilt will warm your body and comfort your soul.

http://notesfrommoosehaven.blogspot.com

Hope you find your foot. Maybe it will be with my embroidery scissors, missing for quite some time.

Check underneath your sewing table or desk. I lost the quarter inch foot and I spent hours looking for it. Finally found it under my sewing desk while giving a very thorough (rare!) vacuuming. I am still looking for my little scissors...maybe I should do another good vacuuming, lol.

Last project my favorite foot disappeared too....dropped it, bent over to pick it up and it was gone...Husband searched, I searched...emptied waste basket(found missing seam ripper), went through all the drawers(found missing gloves), moved everything including the sofa it backs up to and it is just gone...man, I hate it when that happens and it happens more often than I would like. Hope you find yours...it's been a couple of weeks and mine is still somewhere beyond the blue...

Maybe your foot is with my good scissors I haven't seen them for a while. The last time I used them was to cut a yard of fabric to share with a friend. Hope you find your foot.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast