Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Gremlins in my sewing room??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/gremlins-my-sewing-room-t228643.html)

nhweaver 08-24-2013 06:49 AM

Gremlins in my sewing room???

A while back I moved my sewing area into its own new studio. Last night, I was ready to quilt a baby quilt, and went to the Viking even feed foot box, and the even feed foot was not there!! I am "anal" about putting things back (most of the time), but moving everything and setting up everything, some things have "disappeared". Where in the world is that walking foot?? I checked every drawer, every cabinet, every little place, but no foot!!! This foot is very expensive $50++, it is the low shank, any suggestions where this guy could be hiding? I am not going to buy another one, extra quilting funds are tight right now. I hope it did not fall into the garbage can that I keep under the sewing machine. The last time I used it was right before we moved the room.

My sister suggests that this is a subliminal message from my 875Q, i bought a Pfaff quilt expressions 4.0, and will be selling the 875Q (maybe).

DJ 08-24-2013 06:53 AM

Did you look on the sewing machine? :)

Hope you find it! When I misplace something, I always ask DH to help me find it. He's great at that!

DOTTYMO 08-24-2013 06:55 AM

I suggest you start a new quilt using another foot wait and it hold turn up when you are not worrying. I tend to suddenly have a flash back showing me what I did when I moved something. At present not working as I have lost my concession bus pass . Had to pay £10 for a new one and wit 10 days . Hoping a remember soon.

Dolphyngyrl 08-24-2013 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by DJ (Post 6252526)
Did you look on the sewing machine? :)

Hope you find it! When I misplace something, I always ask DH to help me find it. He's great at that!

I was thinking this as well, sometimes we overlook the most obvious place

quiltingloulou 08-24-2013 07:22 AM

It's so frustrating when this happens. Things usually do turn up but how unfortunate it would be if it had found its way into the garbage bucket. I hope you do manage to find it.

dunster 08-24-2013 07:32 AM

When I take off a foot I very carefully put it into the plastic case that came with the machine. Most of the time. Right now my 1/4" foot is just sitting in a bowl by the machine because I was using the walking foot and "forgot" (that means I was "too busy") to put it away. Thanks for reminding me. I'm sure your foot will show up, but it's frustrating to be without it.

Quilty-Louise 08-24-2013 07:57 AM

I recently had that same kind of issue where things vanished
during my reorganization. Only it wasn't sewing machine feet
it was ALL 4 of my memory cards used for my embroidery designs.

I did eventually find all 4 cards, but it was long after I gave up
trying to figure out where they could be.

ArtsyOne 08-24-2013 08:02 AM

I can relate to your frustration! For several weeks now I have been trying to find my scallop ruler. I know where I had it when I was reading the instructions on how to use it, but haven't seen it since.

crafterrn1 08-24-2013 08:03 AM

If it is not on the machine is it in the pin box or the tray or holder you kept next to the machine. Is it with the Pfaff feet? Good luck. I would keep both machines. I have 2 Viking machines set up the 875 I quilt on and the 830 I piece on. Just a thought! Luann

EthelLou 08-24-2013 01:16 PM

I understand your frustration. Last spring I started a quilt, then because we were expecting out of town guests (sewing room is also the guest room) I packed away the quilt and pattern. Haven't been able to find them since. it will probably turn up some day when I am looking for something else.