Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Gremlins in my sewing room??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/gremlins-my-sewing-room-t228643.html)

eparys 08-25-2013 03:03 AM

Did you look in the freezer??

Oh but let me explain - LOL ......

I have one of those Tracfones and I "lost" it about two month ago - ripped the house apart - could not find it. So ...... bought a new one after two weeks. The night before the new one showed up, I went to the freezer and saw a plastic grocery sack with some frozen vegies in it - grabbed it to move it but there was something hard in it .... YUP - there was the cell phone.

Getting back to the foot - you will find it in the most unexpected place. Hopefully before you buy a new one or sell the machine!!

KwiltyKahy 08-25-2013 03:05 AM

Hope you find your foot. Maybe it will be with my embroidery scissors, missing for quite some time.

quilttiger 08-25-2013 03:23 AM

Check underneath your sewing table or desk. I lost the quarter inch foot and I spent hours looking for it. Finally found it under my sewing desk while giving a very thorough (rare!) vacuuming. I am still looking for my little scissors...maybe I should do another good vacuuming, lol.

IshtarsMom 08-25-2013 03:25 AM

Last project my favorite foot disappeared too....dropped it, bent over to pick it up and it was gone...Husband searched, I searched...emptied waste basket(found missing seam ripper), went through all the drawers(found missing gloves), moved everything including the sofa it backs up to and it is just gone...man, I hate it when that happens and it happens more often than I would like. Hope you find yours...it's been a couple of weeks and mine is still somewhere beyond the blue...

just joan 08-25-2013 03:54 AM

Maybe your foot is with my good scissors I haven't seen them for a while. The last time I used them was to cut a yard of fabric to share with a friend. Hope you find your foot.

nancysp 08-25-2013 04:00 AM

Do you have a cat? My sister's cat steals shiny things and hides them. Walked off with a diamond slide from her necklace and it took them weeks to find it (it was under a throw rug in the basement). She said this isn't uncommon with cats.

katesnanna 08-25-2013 04:18 AM

I know your frustration. The day before I started to move into my new sewing studio/room I knew my pinking shears were on my table. Once out there I couldn't find them,had looked everywhere. I knew they had to be there. I have a very large quilted bag with lots of pockets. I had batting and fleece offcuts in said bag. I felt in all the pockets searched among offcuts - nothing!! Six months later I decided to take this bag to a retreat so removed all my offcuts to a basket:- surprise, surprise there were my shears. I swear I'd went through that bag at least 3 times but had still missed them.
I agree shears are a lot larger than a foot but don't give up. Hope you find your foot soon.

sweetlummi 08-25-2013 04:34 AM

DJ that a good one . ya just like some looking for there glass on top of there head right. I got a 3 tear cube to put all those little thing in . I has to be under one of you thing you put all your little stuff in.

Misty's Mom 08-25-2013 04:41 AM

My machinger gloves have been missing for months and I know I put them in the bottom drawer of my cabinet. Figure they'll show up eventually.

GingerK 08-25-2013 04:47 AM

I am glad to see that I am in good company. Yes, the foot is somewhere and will come out when it is good and ready, and not a minute before. I know there is a drawer or cupboard or (considering how many things it holds) a room in my house, where everything resides, that I have 'put in a safe place so I'll know where it is when I need it'.