Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Gremlins in my sewing room??? >

Gremlins in my sewing room???

Gremlins in my sewing room???

Old 08-27-2013, 12:36 AM

I still haven't found my bus pass. I thought the borrowers were a story, from this thread it looks as if they really exist.
If you were moving rooms , I would have scooped up all the loose items on tables etc or with machines into a bag, basket or box to take to their new home or I would have put on a windowsill or other staying pu place in the old one. Have you looked in the old place, the fridge handbag etc.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Iraxy View Post
Right now I am in a quandry because the folks remodeling our house lost a drawer from my desk. The desk sits in an area that is very visible. It matches all the cabinets in the house. I wanted to scream but that won't help. I am still mad as all get out.
The people responsible for this need to make you a new drawer. Tell them you will take them to small claims court if they won't. This is not as trivial as it might seem. We had an old, non-working trash compactor in this house when we bought it and I wanted it replaced with a cabinet door matching the site built doors throughout the house. The estimate was $750 for one door! I said that my husband could buy a chop saw and build the door for less than that, and he did.

nhweaver, one more thought on your missing walking foot: If you're the one who hid that foot, the subconscious part of your brain knows exactly where you put it. One thing worth trying is to have a nice little talk with the inner you just before you fall asleep. Visualize that foot and how nice it would be to use it again and maybe when you wake up you will find that your brain solved the problem while you slept. This sounds funny but is based on scientific research about how the brain works. If your eyes saw the last place that foot went, the information is stored inside your head somewhere. I've this experience several times, but the science behind it was explained for me recently in a fascinating book by Temple Grandin, Animals in Translation.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:38 PM

I would look at the last thing I sewed and also left over fabric, it might have gotten mixed in with it. Good Luck
Old 08-30-2013, 05:58 AM

Well, I started this thread and it sounds like I am in good company with all of us and the gremlins. DH decided that he is going to paint (finally) my sewing studio, and I started emptying my fat quarter bins. Guess what I found!! You got it, my walking foot. I got a tupperware container that has compartments, and I guess I thought it would be a perfect place to put all the "extra" feet. Glad I have it, may the gremlins be gentle with all of us.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:43 AM

I have the SAME GREMLINS!! I cannot for the life of me find my ducktail applique scissors! I keep all of my "sharp" stuff ( rotary cutters, blades, etc ) in 2 drawers in the sewing room...or if not put away, on top of my Horn cabinet........but have not been able to find those........I know I have had then since our move to Winchester from Ashburn.......am about to go get another pair as as working on applique project and really need them..
Old 08-31-2013, 05:54 AM

yay!! I am so glad you found it! Isn't that funny how we all put stuff up "safely"? ;0))
Old 08-31-2013, 06:34 AM

Usually when I lose things, it's because of that same thought process, "this would be the perfect place"! So I move them, and forget.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:57 PM

Drat those grimlins!!!! Hope you have found it by now. Otherwise, back yourself out of the room and come back in exactly as you did when you set it up. Might jar your memory. Here at our house we have a black hole that things disappear into. Its quite agravating