View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 08:45 AM
Rose_P

Originally Posted by Iraxy View Post
Right now I am in a quandry because the folks remodeling our house lost a drawer from my desk. The desk sits in an area that is very visible. It matches all the cabinets in the house. I wanted to scream but that won't help. I am still mad as all get out.
The people responsible for this need to make you a new drawer. Tell them you will take them to small claims court if they won't. This is not as trivial as it might seem. We had an old, non-working trash compactor in this house when we bought it and I wanted it replaced with a cabinet door matching the site built doors throughout the house. The estimate was $750 for one door! I said that my husband could buy a chop saw and build the door for less than that, and he did.

nhweaver, one more thought on your missing walking foot: If you're the one who hid that foot, the subconscious part of your brain knows exactly where you put it. One thing worth trying is to have a nice little talk with the inner you just before you fall asleep. Visualize that foot and how nice it would be to use it again and maybe when you wake up you will find that your brain solved the problem while you slept. This sounds funny but is based on scientific research about how the brain works. If your eyes saw the last place that foot went, the information is stored inside your head somewhere. I've this experience several times, but the science behind it was explained for me recently in a fascinating book by Temple Grandin, Animals in Translation.