View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 05:03 PM
lots2do

Originally Posted by Rubesgirl View Post
I only bought fabric once from CT. It was from one of their collections last spring and I absolutely fell in love with the fabric, so I had to have it for the backing of one of my quilts. I had heard good things about them, so I didn't hesitate to place the order. You can't imagine my surprise when it arrived looking not even close to what was on their website. The color was totally different (I know there are differences in monitors, but this wasn't even close), the hand was flimsy and the fabric was poorly woven. It would never have stood up to any wear, much less washing many times. I called immediately and they said I could return it, at my cost of course, and that they would refund what I paid for the fabric, less their shipping costs. They sent a refund a couple of weeks later, but it was a very disappointing experience, just the same. I don't think I will order fabric from them again

I have ordered from Fabric.com with great results, from Thousands of Bolts and from Annie's, as well, with no problems. I have a couple of favorite online sites where I can order without worrying about the quality or price. I also order my thread from a couple of online sites because I only use Aurifil and even with shipping it is less expensive per spool than my LQS.

I am not saying you should not order from CT, just that I wouldn't take the chance, again.
Can you share where you buy aurifil? Also, what size needle do you like to use with it? Thanks!