View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 02:21 AM
Butterfli19

Default What does "working hard" mean to you?

I have this idea, a former dream that now needs to happen, and what rings in my head is that old phrase "word hard and you will succeed".

What does that mean, exactly? Push myself to the point of fatigue? Exclude everyone else from my life to sew dolls and crib sheets for others? Avoid watching "Project Runway" and traveling Pinterest? Maybe.

So naturally, I Googled "what does it mean to work hard" and came up with a summary that appeals to me:
https://my.wealthyaffiliate.com/cmho...n-to-work-hard

Like anything else, you have to define your own personal terms of success. I made a list of what I have accomplished in my life and it's pretty impressive, I think. I am successful in my world and that matters to me, and by reading those things, I know I can succeed in this business venture, if I only discipline myself to work on it when it makes sense in my life to do so.

So my question is: how do you define "working hard". What does that mean to you? Are you proud of yourself and your life even though it may not be what you envisioned years ago?

I'm looking for further perspectives on this because like the author of the above piece, I think we need to have a different outlook so we don't perceive ourselves as "less than" someone who appears to have more than we do. Our value and internal worth should be defined by us alone. Maybe you're already good with it and that's great, but I find I continually push myself to be a better me, in terms of achievement, whether it's to master frying shrimp (I swear, I'll always overcook it, maybe I should try baking it instead) or one of those pineapple quilts.