View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 01:11 PM
jbud2

Default Bernina sewing machines

I am looking at getting a Bernina sewing machine, primarily because that is what is available with service in my area. I did a search on the board for comments on the ones I've been looking at but usually the name of the machine is not listed in the topic title. If I looking the wrong way for information, I'm sure someone can tell me how to do it correctly!

I have eliminated the Bernina 215, mostly because I need a bit more than this machine offers.

The others are the 330. 350 PE and 550QE. I don't fell like I ready for the other models with all the bells and whistles and then some.

Can you give me your opinions on these machines? Likes and dislikes?

My dear Elna is in the shop. I had her in for service in May - the first time since I've had her since 1985. The reverse wasn't working and after a good cleaning and check-up, it was fine. Then last week, I'd step on the pedal to go and it wouldn't. If I moved the wheel, it would go and seemed to sew fine. But the machines seems a bit noisy so road trip for Elna! Keeping my fingers crossed that they can repair her and I don't need a new machine. But maybe she is telling me she is tired and would prefer to be my back up. She has served me so well . .. .