View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 04:18 PM
aborning

Originally Posted by shortcake2012 View Post
Thank you. I am using the Warm and Natural 100% cotton batting and you are right, it seems stiff. I will give the Hobbs PolyDown a try. Thanks again
I use Hobbs Polydown for most of my own quitls and I quilt for others and most of them prefer Hobby Polydown instead of cotton. Sometimes because of cost but also they don't want cotton if they don't want the Shrunken look after it is washed. I, myself, only use cotton when I do want the shrunken look and I like the Cream Rose 100% cotton at JoAnnes. I don't care for Warm and Natural because I think it is heavy and stiff. I use if for customers when they ask for it to be used--but I think it is heavy and not soft. (But each to their own opionion of what they like). I also have used Hobbs 100% cotton but I found out (much to my disliking) that the quilt shrunk over 10% when I washed it and it claims to have a 3-5% shrinkage. So I did not like that it shrunk way more than expecting. I have some more of those Hobbs 100% cotton battings and am gong to try to pre-shrink the batting before I use them on quilts that I don't want to shrink that much.

Last edited by aborning; 08-29-2013 at 04:21 PM.