Thread: need advise
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 03:50 AM
GailG

Originally Posted by cindi View Post
Beautiful quilt! If you're not adept at FMQ, I'd suggest capturing the logos or words in a "box" - i.e. draw a square box around the Eastern Illinois, or a rectangular box around the three triangles in the black square. That would at least hold the batting down. You could try quilting an "X" through the center of each block, but I'm always hesitant about quilting through any vinyl-type logos. I've done many t-shirt quilts and vinyl logos never sew well (although there will be others who say they don't have a problem with it). But if your quilt has no vinyl logos, doing an X through each block would be sufficient. Good luck!
I agree with cindi. I've made several t-shirt quilts. Because of the difficulty in stitchng over the logos, I've ended up stitching in the ditch around the sashings, then hand quilting around the logos. One one of my quilts I did some tying also. I've read about the teflon foot. Also saw it used on one of the quilting shows a long time ago. Lately I've purchased a teflon foot and have not yet tried it. Good luck. Your quilt top is beautiful.