View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 03:19 PM
n2scraplvr

Originally Posted by Maride
I marked them with a water soluble pen and the truth is that is not hard at all. I marked them on Sunday and that night did a little sewing (the center grid and the shapes around it. On Monday night finish that and started the microquilting. On Tuesday night finish the quilting and washed it and wednesday squared it and binded. The most difficult part is keeping the lines straight, especially on the curves. The microquilting takes time to control, but once you have it, it is hard to go back to big stipples. I loved making it and can see myself making many more.

The pattern is not my design. It is by Joannie Zeier Poole and her work is just to die for.

Maria
Thank you for telling the technique. Do you have to do much smaller stitches on the curves? Go really slow on curves, right? It appears to be trapunto looking. Is it? They are not stuffed with batting. They just look it, right? We can see the green design better and it's a dynamite design. Knowing me, I wd probably make my own designs. Will you ever stipple again? Or is the microquilting just addictive? Fantastic work! :D