Old 08-30-2013, 05:13 AM
grant15clone

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
Grant, did you redo the decals? They are in such perfect condition..... amazing.

While you all are talking about the nice metal finish, I have a question. The Singer 101 machine that I bought last summer was missing the slide plate. I bought a replacement one but hadn't had a chance to try it on the machine until I was down at my son's house over the weekend. To make a long story short, the plate does go on the machine but doesn't slide well. In fact, I had to use a screwdriver to get the bobbin area open so I know I need to do something to make it move more easily. What do you suggest? I've thought of grinding it a little or using sand paper for metal. I'm sure it won't take much adjustment.... just would like to know what the experts suggest.
Thank you Nanna. Is it tight on the sides, or on the spring that holds it down? If it is the sides, you may need to file them slightly but be careful that you don't wind up with burrs on it. And it needs to be straight. If it is the spring and if it has the same type of slideplate as a 66 I would remove the slideplate and loosen the screw that holds the spring down and try it again.
~G~