View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 08:27 AM
svenskaflicka1

i'm on my fourth kitchen aid. (seventh, if you count two motor rebuilds and one motor replacements...) i love them. i literally burned out the first two, making wedding cakes, two mixers at a time. had the motor in one rebuilt twice, replaced the motor in one, completely. i finally got a heavier duty/bigger capacity model, and gave my youngest daughter my "old" one. they are fantastic workhorses. i have only used the standard attachments. i use the "collar" making cakes and cookies, but know that flour and fluffy ingredients will force their way under that, no matter what. it only "sits" there-it doesn't seal. if you are mixing heavy batter or dough, don't push the power over "2"--it'll do what you ask it to do, but might kill itself doing it. (that's why the rebuilds and replacements. i didn't wise up until i'd done some serious damage!) treated well, oiled on occasion, and patted and praised, it should last you a long, long time! i love mine. (a friend swears by the sausage stuffer and grinder attachments. she's a lot more serious about the home made things than i have been. that will be changing, though!)