View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 09:01 PM
Sandy1951

Melanie, I love your table runner with the colorful pumpkins and bright fall leaves. The black center makes the colors glow.

Leslie, I also love yours; it has such beautiful embroidery.

pj, I also read where Nancy Zieman recommends backing table coverings with flannel and not using batting. I've been wondering if anyone on this board tried that. Nancy said the flannel helps hold table coverings in place better.

~ ~ ~

Didn't someone recently mention in another thread that they spray all their quilted table coverings with Scotchgard? I wonder how well that works to keep spills from staining?

I like the idea of using a clear vinyl cover over a quilted table covering when eating, especially with children. But my DGD's can cause stains just by being near the table, even when they're not eating. I found a small red line from a red magic marker on my beautiful oak table after Thanksgiving dinner. It wasn't there before dinner. We were playing with the Barbie dolls and clothes and evidently there was a red marker in with them. I have no idea why, although I suppose they might have been using it for lipstick. :?