View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 04:49 PM
brunswickgirl

Location: Cabin at the lake.. on my way to Brunswick as soon as the house is complete
Default Whacked out 9 pathc

Originally Posted by michelleoc View Post
Okay, I started a BOM in 2008 for our then queen-sized bed. I finally finished the quilt, but I didn't make it larger to go on a king-sized bed, because I was tired of looking at it. I was fine with the old store-bought comforter that we've been using; however, as it was 109 degrees yesterday and since we have upper windows without shades in our bedroom (10-foot ceilings), I got fabric and blackout fabric to make drapes. Well, as happens any time you do anything around the house, the drapes don't match anything in the room. So we're going to paint the bedroom. Of course, the bathroom is en suite, so it will need to be painted too! I'd like to make a king-sized quilt for our bed. Something easy that doesn't look easy. Something that doesn't take me five years to finish. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
I call it the "Whacked out 9 patch" is easy and fast. 9 patch cut in half both ways, twisted then sewn back together. I have used up a lot of scraps making these and they are a fav with my friends and family