View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 04:10 AM
Dollyo

Originally Posted by Greeter Eva View Post
This thread is very interesting. My mom , me & 2 of my sisters are lefties. My mom was beaten in school for using her left hand , so she got next no education, but she & dad raised 8 children. She cooked & baked everything we needed & also sewed all our clothes. Very often when other people saw our clothes they would ask her to do thier sewing. I'm sure the sewing machine is made left handed.I sure can't complain about mine. That is one thing that has been made for us lefties. I have left handed scizzors, but only the handles are left handed the blades are still right handed.At least I don't get blisters when I have a lot of cutting to do.
I too am left handed. I learned to sew when I was 15. Used right handed scissors (terrible thumb dent) for years. I now have 2 pair of left handed scissors, one I love and one I'm not so fond of. The first pair are left handed, right bladed. The other are left handed, left bladed (couldn't get them to cut on the line until I realized you have to change how you look down on the blades). DH is left handed, our 2 sons are right handed. Go figure. I think that most lefties are really ambidextrous, do to living in a right handed world.