Thread: Yay! Snow!
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 11:41 AM
Baren*eh*ked_canadian

Originally Posted by shaverg
We put up light on Saturday it was almost 80 degrees, although yesterday it was windy and in the low 60s and the mountains we could see had some snow. We are in the high desert of california. Usually on Christmas Eve we have friends over and all the doors open because it is so warm. We have very few fall colors and our trees are just now turning to yellow with a few and I mean very few red leaves.

Wow, our trees are bare! They were yellow, red, all colours back in September when I went apple picking.
I went to Florida about 10 years ago right after Christmas ( I mean, we left Montreal on the 25th and drove down) and it was so cool to see the climate change as we were driving, and it was even more strange to see christmas lights on palm trees!
As much as I b!tch and gripe about our winters, I don't think I could ever permanently live in a warm climate. It's just not the same!

Actually, two years ago (I think) was the first time I ever remember there being a Christmas without snow. Not a flake on the ground till around New Years, and then the rest of the year we got CREAMED!!! I think we ended up with somewhere around 500 cm of snowfall that year...
That's 5 meter's of snow... in the city!