Old 09-11-2013, 12:27 PM
DBaila

As if all that weren't bad enough - it's now been two days and the seller hasn't responded at all to my opening of the dispute. Unfortunately, ebay requires that I wait until the 16th to escalate it further. I wish I could warn people away from the seller, but all I can do is leave them negative feedback.

As for the timing- yes, very strange! I didn't actually try to sew with it myself at all (just got as far as using the hand crank to try and pull up the bobbin thread). The repair guy hypothesized that they might have actually tried sewing with it and ended up with a mad tangle underneath which they then tried to 'bully' out, which resulted in the breaking of the piece.

Then they sold me the machine, claiming it was 'running good'- hahaha. Oh well. I'm actually already in love with her and just can't wait to bring her back to her new home again.

And yes- they seem very nice at the local place - I definitely seem to have lucked-out! I was kind of drooling over all the gorgeous vintage machines they had for sale, refurbished, and we chatted shop a bit, so I think he knows I'll be a long and loyal customer if they win me over now!

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
If it weren't against the rules here, I'd ask who the seller is so I could avoid them in the future.

I'm really surprised that with the timing that far off that it wasn't breaking needles.

Your local shop is doing a good thing for you. Usually the price of used is about half of new, and half of double or more of wholesale is way more than they're charging you.