Old 09-11-2013, 08:15 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by DBaila View Post
As if all that weren't bad enough - it's now been two days and the seller hasn't responded at all to my opening of the dispute. Unfortunately, ebay requires that I wait until the 16th to escalate it further. I wish I could warn people away from the seller, but all I can do is leave them negative feedback.

As for the timing- yes, very strange! I didn't actually try to sew with it myself at all (just got as far as using the hand crank to try and pull up the bobbin thread). The repair guy hypothesized that they might have actually tried sewing with it and ended up with a mad tangle underneath which they then tried to 'bully' out, which resulted in the breaking of the piece.

Then they sold me the machine, claiming it was 'running good'- hahaha. Oh well. I'm actually already in love with her and just can't wait to bring her back to her new home again.

And yes- they seem very nice at the local place - I definitely seem to have lucked-out! I was kind of drooling over all the gorgeous vintage machines they had for sale, refurbished, and we chatted shop a bit, so I think he knows I'll be a long and loyal customer if they win me over now!
Even if the seller "makes it right" by refunding some portion of the money, I would still leave negative feedback saying that it wasn't as advertised and wasn't a working machine / parts were broken, etc, because that will help future buyers. Lots of sellers like to try to get you to leave positive feedback because they refunded some, but you are going to a lot of hassle for this machine, that you didn't expect to.

It -is- possible the seller is on vacation or has some other reason to not get back to you. I hope that's it.

Even trying to pull up the bobbin thread I would have thought the needle would have hit the hook with it that far out. The last machine i worked on for timing was less than 3/8" out and the needle was dragging. Lucky. It's a pain to deal with the shards.
It's always good to find a good SMG old or young.

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
Dbaila,

Make sure that the part (bobbin case base) is for a 301. That part is not interchangeable with the 221 even though the hook assembly is interchangeable.

Cathy
It's not? That's weird, I thought it was. My supplier's list says that the hook base is the same for the 221, 222, and 301... so does the sewing parts online link I posted (no, they're not one and the same "supplier" )

I will peel apart one of the 301s and see if I can get a part number for you then.