View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 08:52 AM
quiltingshorttimer

Originally Posted by misseva View Post
Air compressor is different than canned air. I used canned air on my keyboard and it left a film of oily something that I could never get off completely and it collected dust like a magnet. I would never use it inside a machine or on my keyboard again.
I was told my a longarm repairman NOT to use the canned "air" that is sold for computers for this reason on my longarm and also another reason not to use it on my Elna--that the canned stuff is not really air--but is canned gas and that it not only is oiled and collects dust, but also will attract moisture in the air--certainly not needed in a machine! So he suggested if I can truly find canned AIR to use on my long arm,to go ahead--otherwise I can use our air compressor (not practical) a bike pump, or better yet, the vacumn cleaner. And he suggested only a vacumn for my domestic machine cause I wouldn't want to blow bits of stuff into the case where it lodges in moving parts. Now my cheaper, traveling machines that are not computerized and I can take apart are another story! I've looked but can't find true canned air, so plan to buy one of those little specialized attachment hoses for my vacumn to clean my machines (think Keepsake catalog has them??)