View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 05:39 AM
justducky65

Default My dog chewed my power cord!!

I am in the middle of FMQ a quilt that was made as a wedding gift (we are coming up on the one-year anniversary) and this happened. Last night while the dog lay under my computer chair, he started yelping like crazy. At first I thought maybe he got a nail snagged on the carpet and consoled him, but he was shaking a little more than you would think because of that. On further investigation, I found he had chewed the end of my Viking power cord that goes into the machine (which was still plugged into the wall and I had disconnected from the machine so you could walk and not trip over the cord) and he must have gotten shocked!! I felt bad for him of course and then I looked at the end of the cord. I think it's a total loss, but I was relieved to find a replacement at a reasonable cost, so I guess I'll be ordering that at some point today, as I can't continue on the quilt without this machine. It's the only one I have that has the darning foot for to do the FMQuilting. (sigh) Life is never boring around here with 1 dog and 2 cats! lol