Old 09-19-2013, 11:36 AM
ArchaicArcane

I'm going to have to try to "tweak" the colors. I just am not getting the sorts of color combinations I want with the stock colors in EQ. I'm definitely leaning toward this being a lap quilt. Especially looking at blues with the wood (yes, I carried some into the bedroom, and I'm smitten. )

I agree. An "inspired by" looks to be the route to go, rather than a direct representation. Batiks are my favorite. I had been thinking it would either be batiks or the Northcott fabrics, depending on availability and colors that I chose. Marbles are what I've been playing with the most lately. The labyrinth, which I've decided I will do, is going to be in blue and white marble batiks. The quilt I loved that uses the Northcott Aphrodite fabrics uses marbles. I tend toward the cooler or truly neutral colors anyway. The warm ones are less what I like (DH is always telling me to wear more red and orange, but I always reach for the blues first )

There is definitely a steep learning curve in EQ. I found that Rhonda's lessons helped immensely: http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...a-t195158.html After that, the rest I learned from Google. My cousin has EQ7, so I can play with hers from time to time too. I find I spend a little too much time playing with the software though. Today, I'm going out to get the last few yards of fabric I need for the Labyrinth, then I'm going to assault some fabric. EQ will be a tomorrow or weekend thing now. Browns and blues though, I know they go together, I will find some combination I like.

Here's her block:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]436942[/ATTACH]
I can find the same block, but not on point, and most of them use more HST.... I took a photo of the back, but I'm saving that in case I just can't figure it out. I know how to do it with Y or L seams, but she says no.
Attached Thumbnails jos-block.jpg