Old 09-19-2013, 03:01 PM
Reb

I'm a little confused. You have decided on a lap quilt for your countertop inspired pattern with blues and browns in it. And you are considering batiks or Northcott Aphrodite? I looked at the Aphrodite, WOW! Sorry to yell but that fabric is yummy! If I were buying fabric I'd be getting those. IMHO they would make your tiles really look like tiles.
I looked up labyrinth patterns and there are quite a variety. I like this one, I think, the best. Is this going to be a queen size for the BR? Do you work on more than one project at a time? That's quite an undertaking if so. If you would like to keep me up to date on what you decide maybe we should PM each other. It doesn't look like anyone else on the board is going to chime in with their opinions. In any event please post the finished quilts.
I finally 'finished' the lap quilt I was making for my DF for her 50th BD. I believe she will be 55 or 56 in Oct. I had to stop quilting for awhile. I had to take some meds that made me shakey. Not a good combination with a rotary blade. It's done except I messed up the label. Excited to give it to her! Please keep in touch. I thoroughly enjoyed this creative process, especially because you now get to do all the work. LOL Happy Quilting and I hope you work out the bugs, so to speak, with EQ.