View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 08:54 AM
nanna-up-north

Default quilted pot holders.. HELP!

I had this great idea.... make pot holders from some up-north fishy fabric. I bought insulbrite and some fabric that looks like an ironing board cover (don't know what it's called). I quilted the layers together and tried several methods to make the pot holders. ... didn't like stitching binding where the thread shows, tried square and rounded corners, put a loop in (upside down on one), and think I figured out that I like the rounded corners with a loop.

So, I threw away my 2 old potholders that really needed to be gotten rid of..... and tried out my new potholders last night. I am so disappointed! I should have thought this through better. Insulbrite has metal needle punched throughout .... metal carries heat. These new potholders are not so great to use. I'm sure now that I should have put some layers of batting in as well.

Now the question..... how many layers of batting do you all use? What's the order that you layer it ?

I'm ready to start all over..... need to get some more of that ironing board cover fabric but I now NEED some new potholders to USE!!

Thanks all.
Attached Thumbnails qph1.jpg   qph2.jpg