Old 09-21-2013, 11:49 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by Reb View Post
it's the medallion and border ones I'm looking for all in one place.

Well just a quick - e-quilter has both and they ship to Canada. : ) Well, at least I think that is what I'm seeing in the colorway you want.
It looks like they have 2 of the 4 non-marbles, and one of the marbles (if I'm going to order a couple, I might as well order them all). The problem I run into with a lot of the shops online is shipping to Canada. Shipping to the US is cheap, but once you go across the border, these guys want $38 for 3 of the 7 fabrics I need. So far, the one shop I've found with all of the fabrics is the fat quarter shop. They will charge me $40 to ship the whole thing but that means that the cost of the project goes up by 25%. (And it's a little bit of a pet peeve that Northcott is a Canadian company and I can't find the fabrics in Canada as easily as in the US...)

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
I love the 3rd one! I might " borrow" your idea to make the black, white & either green or red quilt I have on my "bucket list". I know you say you should've figured out measurements sooner..let me say I am impressed with all 3 of the designs you've shared here!! I have never worked with any EQ software, only my lil notebook, ruler, pencil, and for sure eraser! Lol..Give yourself a pat on the back!!
K
I would really like to see what you make if you use this pattern! I'm glad you like it. The blocks are all 2" finished. If you need, I can go look at the border sizes and the yardage requirements and post them too. I'm sure there's an easy way to consolidate the blocks if you know what you're doing. I don't yet. This next quilt will be my second quilt ever, and even if you count a table runner and 2 self-designed featherweight totes, you can still count my quilted projects on one hand. Believe me, the "eraser" got more than its fair workout in EQ too!

Originally Posted by Reb View Post
All three quilts will be great, don't sell yourself short! The labyrinth is beautiful, and it looks like the pieces should be pretty good size to work with. I've read on the board some HST hints. Starch before you cut. And, cut larger than you need and trim to correct size. Sounds good to me.
I think it's less selling myself short than giving the perfectionist in me permission to not have perfect HSTs. The block are a great size to work with. Big enough to not be tedious, and small enough to give movement and detail. My fabric is almost as stiff as paper at the moment. Cheap starch that blobs out tends to do that. When I used to spend more time in my darkroom, I snuck up on my finished size on all prints too. I'm well versed in cut bigger, trim to size.

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
Northcotts Stonehenge was designed by a former sheet vinyl designer. Inspiration is everywhere!

sandy
I didn't know this. Thanks for that information. It's true that inspiration is everywhere. The other day DH opened a package of paper towels, handed one to me and said "FMQ design?"