Old 09-22-2013, 01:35 PM
ShineOn65

Default How to Clean Quilt Basting Spray off your cutting board

Just thought I would post this helpful tip after searching for days for a solution! I used the June Tailor quilt basting spray to adhere minky fabric to cotton panels to make a rag quilt. Thought I was pretty clever since the minky fabric likes to move around on it's own It worked great and I have a wonderful orange baby quilt with Lorax panels for my grandson but it left me with a sticky mess on my cutting board with orange colored globs from the minky fabric. I tried washing the board with soap & hot water. Then I tried scrapping it off with a pampered chef stone scraper. Just when I gave up (and was grateful that I didn't spray on my large cutting mat, just my smaller green one, my husband found something that worked great. It's a can of "Pure Citrus Orange Air Freshener" that we bought at Home Depot. He remembered a worker saying they sprayed it on the metal shelves to remove the gummy backing from stickers. He sprayed down my cutting mat, let it sit for about 3 minutes and took a regular wash cloth to wipe it off. It all came off with no problem and my cutting mat looks brand new! There are lots of tips for how to use the basting spray, but I couldn't find anything on the web for removing it from your cutting boards. Hope this tip helps someone else!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]437520[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]437521[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_5784.jpg   img_5785.jpg