View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 07:31 PM
gale

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
There are so many types of blinds, from very inexpensive to super-high-end. And so many different styles ... metal, plastic, cloth, sheer, semi sheer, layered, etc.

Your best way of seeing what they are like would be to go to a retail outlet that has a good display, where you can find out the different features/options and try them out!
That's why I specified 2" fake wood blinds in my original post. Home Depot has them and I can see how they open, close, etc but the samples are only about 1' wide and no other stores here have them. I can't find out what people's opinions of them are just by looking at the displays. How is this any different from the threads where someone asked what floor to get? Or what sewing table to get? I'm just wanting opinions and experiences from people who maybe have had both blinds and curtains and can give some feedback?

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
In my office I have one of the wooden slatted ones .... would never have one again, as with the width/height of the window it is one massive tug to get it to go up and down. Certainly not an easy thing to do!!

Then there is the challenge to get it to stay level ... a problem with all blinds, particularly the horizontals.
Unless of course, you pay for the ones that have an auto roller or power.
thank you-that was helpful. My window is 6' wide so maybe it would be hard to get them up and down.

My other issue is that I hate making curtains. Hate it. So if I have curtains I have to buy them and it's not easy to find cute curtains for sale.