Thread: Staying Busy
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 08:18 AM
CharlotteO

Default Staying Busy

I've been less mobile for the last month after a knee injury and subsequent surgery. So "Staying Busy" was my motto. Getting around better now, but thought I would share what I've been doing. This isn't quilting, but I couldn't go downstairs to my sewing machine, so crocheted while watching tv for first week or so after surgery. 4 blankets and 26 small hats.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]438919[/ATTACH]
I found a small piece of Halloween fabric about 12 inches square in my container of donated fabrics and put on my thinking cap to see what I could do with it. You guessed it, cut it up and did raw edge applique, used 2 colors for the border, added a spider web printed flange to the dark purple border. I liked it, but decided to add a little something. I turned it over and in each blank space where I had a small picture, I quilted a spiderweb to decorate the back side. I love it now. [ATTACH=CONFIG]438917[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]438918[/ATTACH]

Once again went searching through fabric donation from my group called Touching Little Lives and found some precut flannel squares. Found some flannel leftover from grand daughter pj's for backing and here we have flannel quilts with flannel for batting. Fun and easy, cause they were all precut. Thanks ladies for the donations.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]438922[/ATTACH]

I had some small panels (also donated). Not large enough for a crib blanket, but we make blankets for preemies, so I added borders til this was big enough for a wee one. And managed to get two more quilts out of the panel. 1 panel, 3 small quilts.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]438923[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]438924[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]438935[/ATTACH]

Still recuperating, still sewing. Take 1 fat quarter, add sashing and borders and you have another 24 inch quilt. Perfect for some little ones.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]438937[/ATTACH]

This one is special because my 10 year old granddaughter designed it. She went through all my donated squares and pulled this one together.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]438940[/ATTACH]

Hope you enjoyed seeing my fun little quilts as much as I enjoyed making them. I get to practice my free motion quilting while making something useful and practical and pretty. And it certainly has speeded my recovery.

Attached Thumbnails tll-quilts-012qb.jpg   tll-quilts-015qb.jpg   tll-hats-afghans-001qb.jpg   tll-quilts-001qb.jpg   tll-quilts-009qb.jpg  

tll-quilts-008qb.jpg   tll-quilts-016qb.jpg   tll-quilts-021qb.jpg   tll-quilts-010qb.jpg   tll-quilts-011qb.jpg  

Last edited by CharlotteO; 09-30-2013 at 08:21 AM.