View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 10:19 AM
starshine

I watched the 2nd MJF and the RW and wasn't really impressed with either. Saw in one of the posts-Family and it reminded me of how much I liked that show when it aired. Rizzoli & Isles did a short season on network and I really liked it but they took it off and it was picked up by cable and I don't have cable so I watch for maybe dvd releases. Same happened with Friday Night Lights, network aired then sold rights to cable and aired after it had finished its season on cable Loved that show, I think I liked it for the same reason I love Blue Bloods, it is as much about family relationships as it is the activity, I also like , NCIS, Elementary, BBT, Chicago Fire, Mentalist, and Market Warriors on PBS. When CSI and Criminal Minds started I liked them both but last year I some times skipped them because when they are more into the gore instead of the how and why of solving -I'd rather not see it-the how and why is what I liked about them. Last summer I enjoyed Dogs in the City on cbs and it went away at the end of summer so I thought is was just a summer replacement but it didn't come back this summer, so I wrote and asked about it as was told the ratings dropped so much toward the end they didn't keep it. To me that was too bad as it was an interesting show and I think if they gave it a chance during the regular season it may have found a following. I do think when there is a good show and premise then networks start copying that style or subject and pretty soon too many of the same type are on.