New Michael J. Fox show.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:06 AM
Power Poster

Decided during the preview commercials that I was not going to watch either Fox or Williams' new shows. I like MJF a lot but this comes too close to reality TV for me. Now for Mork and Buffy - not even sure what to say about that combo - too campy, I suppose.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:53 AM

I just don't find much funny on the Tv these days. Friends was the last show I really found funny and still enjoy the reruns.We like NCIS, Justified, Covert Affair, Rizzoli and Isles. Blue Bloods and The Good Wife. Just give me a good book and my quilting and art and I am happy. Fox and Williams I will not be watching or any of the others that to me are not funny just silly. I hate the smart mouth kids that think they are so cute.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:11 PM

I got so bored with the stupid commercials that I didn't even give it a try. And I feel bad because I like Michael J. Fox, I just don't find Parkinsons that funny.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:15 PM

I remember asking my husband, which would you watch, MJF or RW? He chose RW, and I said No, I think I'm going to watch MJF.
Nice to hear the other show wasn't that good either.
I kept thinking, he needs a DeLorean. In New York? That would be exciting!
Old 10-01-2013, 03:45 AM

There will be a sixth season of Doc Martin, sometime in Jan 2014
Old 10-01-2013, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by dmsaki View Post
There will be a sixth season of Doc Martin, sometime in Jan 2014
Really? That's great news, just love that show!
Old 10-01-2013, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
I feel the same, and the same goes for the robin Williams one.
what worked 20-30 yrs ago, doesn't still work. noticed the same facial expressions that would get a laugh on mork. the was a reason that it got cancelled. we don't find the same stuff entertaining anymore. I felt they played up the Parkinson's disease way to much. it was in everyone's line. We know he has Parkinson's, so move on with the story and drop it.
I agree with Lonnie. I didn't like the Michael J. Fox show or the Robin Williams show. If they don't improve fast, I predict they will both be cancelled very soon.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:46 AM

I didn't watch either one, mainly for the reasons everyone else has - RW to goofy and I figured the MJF show would be depressing, even though it is a comedy.

What I don't understand is why, when a show is a "reality" and the people know they are being filmed, why they continue to use bad language and it is bleeped out. Especially since it's on the History Channel, TLC, etc. I usually just change the channel which is my prerogative. As far as I can see, Duck Dynasty is about the only one of the reality shows that's "clean"!

Also, when will this reality phase phase out????
Old 10-01-2013, 10:19 AM

I watched the 2nd MJF and the RW and wasn't really impressed with either. Saw in one of the posts-Family and it reminded me of how much I liked that show when it aired. Rizzoli & Isles did a short season on network and I really liked it but they took it off and it was picked up by cable and I don't have cable so I watch for maybe dvd releases. Same happened with Friday Night Lights, network aired then sold rights to cable and aired after it had finished its season on cable Loved that show, I think I liked it for the same reason I love Blue Bloods, it is as much about family relationships as it is the activity, I also like , NCIS, Elementary, BBT, Chicago Fire, Mentalist, and Market Warriors on PBS. When CSI and Criminal Minds started I liked them both but last year I some times skipped them because when they are more into the gore instead of the how and why of solving -I'd rather not see it-the how and why is what I liked about them. Last summer I enjoyed Dogs in the City on cbs and it went away at the end of summer so I thought is was just a summer replacement but it didn't come back this summer, so I wrote and asked about it as was told the ratings dropped so much toward the end they didn't keep it. To me that was too bad as it was an interesting show and I think if they gave it a chance during the regular season it may have found a following. I do think when there is a good show and premise then networks start copying that style or subject and pretty soon too many of the same type are on.