View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 04:50 PM
petthefabric

In my sewing room is a blind. the window is 6'x4'. The house sits South and a few degrees East. The sewing room is on the North side. Late in the day in summer the sun shines in the window. I close the blinds then. I don't have a privacy issue, so usually they're pulled up out of the way. To everyone's shock, I've not cleaned them in 5 yrs & I'm OK with that. As someone else said, I'd rather be sewing than cleaning. Some of the blinds in the house have been dusted with a wool puff duster. There are curtain side panels that I've not decided what to do with, so they're folded up over the rod to keep them out of the way.

We're finishing a room for my LAQmachine. The windows are part of doors, blinds are hard to pull out of the way to allow the doors to open. One faces south with deciduous shade trees. I plan to put a security screen door on it so I can open it for air. The other is a large double door that goes into the garage. The only time I'll want the windows covered is when the room is used for guests, so they can have privacy. So I got some simple drape panels that hang on a rod with clip-rings. Most of the time they'll be pulled back.