Thread: Jury Duty
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 11:12 AM
Pat G

Originally Posted by Inez Ruth View Post
Thanks for all the responses. I'm retired so it's not as if I have much else to do, but I do live alone with a dog and 4 cats with no one to step in long term to take care of them. I'm also one of those people who gets anxious in new situations with new people, so I'll spend the next 3 weeks worrying myself sick. Oh well, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?
Inez, I don't agree that "if it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger". I've always been a very strong person but the last time I was called to jury duty, I was excused because it was a murder case. I had just lost my daughter to a medical negligence ( by the Dr.) case, lost my husb. my mother, a g-son, & both of my brothers in a very short time so I was an emotional wreck. I could barely speak when the judge asked me to explain my request to be excused. I told her I just couldn't handle a case involving such an emotional loss to a family. I was excused permanently. My experiences haven't killed me but sure have not made me stronger.