View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 07:46 AM
Sewnoma

I like CT fabric - I agree it's not top quality but it's definitely on the happy side of the "good/bad" scale.

I don't buy their marble fabric anymore, though - that fabric shows wear really quickly. I used some in a bargello that has a mix of all types of fabrics from all over and the CT marble is showing obvious wear and none of the other fabrics are (including the ones from Joanne's). I don't think the fabric itself is wearing thin; I think it's the marble print that's coming off. (The quilt is 10 months old and probably has been washed about 7 or 8 times. It gets nearly daily use!)

The two CT batiks that are in that same quilt, on the other hand, still look brand new! Black & dark purple and both are still rich and gorgeous.

I've used their prints, solids, marbles, flannels and batiks; the marbles are the only ones I don't buy anymore. I also buy their quilt backing fabric and their laminates. (Though I wish they had a bigger selection of both, particularly the quilt backing)

And (like someone else said) I love that their pre-cuts are same price as regular yardage.