View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 02:32 PM
lisae

Originally Posted by Lucky Patsy's "Mom"
I live north of San Francisco and my favorite way to get to that area is down highway 1, but is Devil's Slide even open now??? It was closed the last time I ventured down.

Did you enjoy the show?
The show was wonderful! I thought there were more personal quilts this year. I didn't get the feeling that everyone had taken the same class, as I have in past years. Because it was the 30th anniversary, they had a retrospective showing of several charter member's quilts. It was nice to see how peoples worked has changed over the years.

I went to the show on Saturday and Sunday, so I could go to the quilt auction. There are several local auctioneeers who volunteer their services. The end result is the auction is quite amusing and things wind up selling for more money. I didn't get a paddle, so I couldn't bid on anything. Good thing as there were several quilts that I would like to own, including a batik bearpaw and a vintage tulip.

The vendors were okay, not spectacular. I bought some fabric (mostly orange), but I didn't buy too much...:)

I think Devil's Slide is open now, but they are building a bypass. To get to San Francisco, we usually get on 280 from 17. It would take too long for us to use highway 1. If were are going north of San Franciso, we usually take the San Rafael Bridge.