Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pajaro Valley Quilt Show >

Pajaro Valley Quilt Show

Pajaro Valley Quilt Show

Old 02-21-2008, 12:52 PM

For those who live on the Central Coast of California, or those who want to drive a bit, the Pajaro Valley Quit Fair takes place this weekend at the Santa Cruz County Fair Grounds:

[/url]http://www.pvqa.org/site/index.php/site/quiltshow2008/[url]

I'll be going both days. It is always a good show!

Old 02-22-2008, 11:41 AM

I had wanted to go to that show, but I have other commitments for the weekend. The bad rains that are predicted have also discouraged me from trying to drive down. But have fun and take lots of pics!
Old 02-22-2008, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lucky Patsy's "Mom"
I had wanted to go to that show, but I have other commitments for the weekend. The bad rains that are predicted have also discouraged me from trying to drive down. But have fun and take lots of pics!
Do you have to come over 17? I live in Santa Cruz, so the drive to the fairgrounds isn't bad, even if it is quite rainy.

After the discussion I started on this board about people taking pictures at quilt shows, I would hesitate to take pictures... :oops: But I will describe the show to you all...
Old 02-25-2008, 01:55 PM

I live north of San Francisco and my favorite way to get to that area is down highway 1, but is Devil's Slide even open now??? It was closed the last time I ventured down.

Did you enjoy the show?
Old 02-25-2008, 02:32 PM

I live north of San Francisco and my favorite way to get to that area is down highway 1, but is Devil's Slide even open now??? It was closed the last time I ventured down.

Did you enjoy the show?
The show was wonderful! I thought there were more personal quilts this year. I didn't get the feeling that everyone had taken the same class, as I have in past years. Because it was the 30th anniversary, they had a retrospective showing of several charter member's quilts. It was nice to see how peoples worked has changed over the years.

I went to the show on Saturday and Sunday, so I could go to the quilt auction. There are several local auctioneeers who volunteer their services. The end result is the auction is quite amusing and things wind up selling for more money. I didn't get a paddle, so I couldn't bid on anything. Good thing as there were several quilts that I would like to own, including a batik bearpaw and a vintage tulip.

The vendors were okay, not spectacular. I bought some fabric (mostly orange), but I didn't buy too much...:)

I think Devil's Slide is open now, but they are building a bypass. To get to San Francisco, we usually get on 280 from 17. It would take too long for us to use highway 1. If were are going north of San Franciso, we usually take the San Rafael Bridge.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:38 PM

Oooohh! A quilt auction? What fun! I have never been to a show that does that. Hopefully I can get to it next year!
Old 02-25-2008, 02:47 PM

Oooohh! A quilt auction? What fun! I have never been to a show that does that. Hopefully I can get to it next year!
The auction is fun! If you decide to got to the show next week, we can meet.

Isn't there a show coming up in Oakland (East Bay Quilt Association)? I think they have a show every other year, so I tend to forget about it. But I've always been impressed with that show.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:56 PM

I am not aware of a quilt show in Oakland, and there is nothing listed with the Northern California Quilt Council, so maybe it is their off year. I went to the San Francisco guild's show at this time of year last year and it is a good show, but they are also an every-other-year show.