View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 05:52 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

I spoke with one of the lqs shops where I purchased my Singer and asked about these situations. I was informed by the owner/dealer that if they didn't deliver on repair and features of the machines they had and serviced in their shops they could lose dealership status and would no longer be able to sell certain machines in their shop. These companies expect their dealers to know everything about the machines. If the software is to be sold with the machine then it hab better be included. The dealer where I purchased mine a few years ago had me sit down with her and guided me through the different steps and intricacies, She also told me that anytime my machine was out of service all I had to do was put a deposit on a loaner from her shop while mine was being repaired. The deposit was returned when mine would be repaired and I returned the loaner. They had to start asking for deposits because some of the owner's machines were in irreparable condition or not as nice and some owners just took off with the loaners and never to be seen again. This dealer is just down the road from me. Can't get a whole lot better than that. They have retreats often and classes 2-3 times a week. Calendars are sent/ emailed monthly.