View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 08:22 PM
sailsablazin

Default Monterrey medallions

On October 2nd, hcarpanini posted a picture of her breathtaking quilt( Monterrey Medallions by Terry Atkinson.) (Moderator, perhaps you can post that picture along with this thread???) There are 2 versions of the quilt on that thread.
Several of the readers on that thread wanted to purchase the pattern only to find out that the pattern had been retired.

I was one of those readers who desperately wanted the pattern. After many phone calls all over the country and lots of searching, I called Atkinson Designs and spoke with Kirk Atkinson---a very pleasant man. He must have grown weary of my begging for the pattern, looked for the zillionth time, and found 3 copies of Monterrey Medallions. (They must have been hiding in a really good spot, because initially he assured me that he did not have ANY copies). I am purchasing one copy. There are 2 remaining patterns available by contacting his local quilt store in Minnesota: The Noble Quilter (763)633-4669. The store is willing to ship the pattern to you.

ALSO, I spoke with Terry Atkinson...(also very pleasant) and Atkinson Design has decided to reprint the pattern MONTERREY MEDALLIONS. It should be available after November 1st by asking your local quilt store to order it or by calling The Noble Quilter and they will be able to get you a copy. YEA!!

Kirk told me that he received daily phone calls requesting this pattern and my phone call was what finally made them decide to reprint. (Never knew that I had such great power!) Being persistent paid off--- I am so excited that we can all buy a copy of this pattern now.

I will post a picture of my finished quilt----don't hold your breath....it may take several years....