Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Monterrey medallions >

Monterrey medallions

Monterrey medallions

Old 10-16-2013, 08:22 PM

Default Monterrey medallions

On October 2nd, hcarpanini posted a picture of her breathtaking quilt( Monterrey Medallions by Terry Atkinson.) (Moderator, perhaps you can post that picture along with this thread???) There are 2 versions of the quilt on that thread.
Several of the readers on that thread wanted to purchase the pattern only to find out that the pattern had been retired.

I was one of those readers who desperately wanted the pattern. After many phone calls all over the country and lots of searching, I called Atkinson Designs and spoke with Kirk Atkinson---a very pleasant man. He must have grown weary of my begging for the pattern, looked for the zillionth time, and found 3 copies of Monterrey Medallions. (They must have been hiding in a really good spot, because initially he assured me that he did not have ANY copies). I am purchasing one copy. There are 2 remaining patterns available by contacting his local quilt store in Minnesota: The Noble Quilter (763)633-4669. The store is willing to ship the pattern to you.

ALSO, I spoke with Terry Atkinson...(also very pleasant) and Atkinson Design has decided to reprint the pattern MONTERREY MEDALLIONS. It should be available after November 1st by asking your local quilt store to order it or by calling The Noble Quilter and they will be able to get you a copy. YEA!!

Kirk told me that he received daily phone calls requesting this pattern and my phone call was what finally made them decide to reprint. (Never knew that I had such great power!) Being persistent paid off--- I am so excited that we can all buy a copy of this pattern now.

I will post a picture of my finished quilt----don't hold your breath....it may take several years....
Old 10-16-2013, 08:27 PM

would like to see this pattern.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:52 PM

Yay! I have searched and searched for a copy of that pattern ever since I saw it here, but to no avail. I'm glad you used your superpowers to make a reprint happen. I will certainly buy a copy.

I just emailed to request a copy--fingers crossed!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t199413.html

Last edited by AngeliaNR; 10-16-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:47 PM

Wow. It is beautiful!
Old 10-18-2013, 04:26 AM

I have made this quilt twice......it is very versatile. For one I use reproductions and put an applique in the center, and the other was a Virginia Tech quilt. I put the VT logo in the center and used turkey track blocks instead of the star blocks.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:35 AM

I called and they had the copy so they are sending it out to me. I am so very excited about getting this book. Thank you so very very much for going to this extreme for all of us! You are the best!!!
Old 10-19-2013, 10:12 AM

I also saw this quilt on the board and loved the pattern. I searched on line and was lucky enough to find a book on Amazon and it should be here next week, YEAH!! I love the idea of using the VT in the middle as this would make a great gift for my grandson.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:30 AM

Default Great find for you!!!

Originally Posted by Grammiesews View Post
I also saw this quilt on the board and loved the pattern. I searched on line and was lucky enough to find a book on Amazon and it should be here next week, YEAH!! I love the idea of using the VT in the middle as this would make a great gift for my grandson.
Man, don't know how you found a copy on Amazon. I searched Amazon, Pinterst, and wherever else about a zillion times....with no results.
So GREAT that you were able to find it. There was a copy on E-bay for $45 and I was not about to pay that price.

So guess we had better all get quilting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sailsablazin
Old 10-24-2013, 01:14 AM

OH, if only I could make a quilt that looks this lovely, I would be a very Happy Quilter!!