Old 10-17-2013, 06:00 AM
dabbler312

Good morning everyone - we had to scrape windshields this morning as the temps dropped below freezing last night; I think our winter season will soon be upon us. All together now "Think Snow" - LOL - just kidding; as much as I love winter I want to get past Halloween first and I don't want the weather to infringe on my favorite kids holiday.

Love my glittery snowmen and snowflakes - I also have hand blown glass balls that I leave hanging in the bay window - when you face the light and hold them up to your eye you can see the honeycomb designs inside - they're beautiful.
I once scored four large rhinestone broaches from a friend who wanted to borrow money - the broaches were an exchange/pawned to me - long story short - they were his mothers and he was an only child and I held on to them for a year and finally called to see what he wanted to do - he had the money but decided he didn't want them back and that I should keep them and do what I wanted. I lent one to the daughter of my best friend for her wedding hair-piece - it was stunningly beautiful - 2 inches across square - after the ceremony I gifted it to her to possibly gift to her future children; I gave one to my bestie for her birthday as she kept after me to sell it to her and I still have the other two and wear them on occasion. Love the vintage sparkles - they really dress up a jacket/scarf/purse/hat etc.

Have a wonderful day.