View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 06:11 AM
Daisy Dew

Originally Posted by Wanabee Quiltin View Post
I recently purchased a new quilt book that had many patterns that I just loved. I kept looking at this book and knew something was different about the quilts, but could not figure it out. Finally on the second day of looking, I realized what it was: the quilts were all tied !!! Not one of the quilts in the book were quilted by machine or by hand. And I loved every single one of the quilts. They look soft and airy and so comfortable. I am on vacation now so I can't tell you the name of the book as it's at home. The book was written by two English women. I usually am very observant but my DH was in and out of the hospital and I was trying to finish my Christmas quilts etc, I think that is why I never noticed they were tied. I am definitely going to tie my next quilt, no doubt about it and use the lightest fluffiest batting I can.
Now be sure to post the name of the book when you get home - I'm sure there will be another "run" on that book too Love quilts - no matter how they are finished. I just can't bring myself to pay $100. - $500. for the quilting no matter how beautiful they are. Please don't misunderstand me I realize the talent and time it takes for LA to do their magic. But I like my quilts drug around the floor and a few gathered in the family room. My motto " why should a quilt last longer then me" now of course, most of my quilts WILL last longer than me LOL.